Senior Android Developer - Mobile/Web Market Leader - Central London - &pound;60k
My client requires a motivated Android Developer, to join their rapidly expanding team. You will be working on cutting edge projects in specialist areas with significant opportunity for professional growth. This is not a 'normal' development position.
All applicants must have:
- commercial experience in delivering a rich media, or communications application developed for Android 1.6 or later.
- a background in mobile application development on another platform, iPhone, Symbian or Blackberry.
- excellent knowledge of J2ME.
- experience calling web services and external APIs.
- UI implementations working in conjunction with designers.
The 'ideal' applicant will also possess some of the following:
- significant exposure to at least one additional language (objective-c, C++ highly valued)
- knowledge of security concepts (cryptography, digital rights management (DRM), web-based attack vectors such as XSS, SQL injection, etc.)
- professional and commercial experience in the area
- an interest in emerging mobile technologies and protocols
- SQL skills and an understanding of alternative storage mechanisms
- web development skills including HTML, CSS, XML, PHP
- a broad understanding of digital audio, video and still image compression techniques, including knowledge of related commercial and open source software
- experience working with revision control systems (subversion preferred)
- basic understanding of issues surrounding internationalisation and localisation for multi-territory deployments
- understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite, in particular HTTP
Don't worry if you are missing any of these ideal elements. The position will give you the opportunity to broaden and update your skills as you work, and you are guaranteed to find it interesting. It is an excellent role for anyone with related talents seeking a stable role in an interesting and established company that will appreciate and reward their contributions while affording opportunities for professional growth.
Zetman is acting as an employment Agency for the purpose of this vacancy.