I'd like to get a quote for developing an app for the site dnnd.de. This site provides headlines of news-sources. It's currently under development so some of the features underneath are not yet visible on the site itself. I need an app for the iphone, ipad, blackberry, and android.
The app should follow basic functionality from m.dnnd.de. Additionally, there should be an option to:
- remove certain sources like on the site dnnd.de. Once a source is removed, it should be listed 'somewhere' where the user can easily retrieve a previously deleted source so it re-appears in the list of news-sites and headlines.
- sort sources (move a certain news-site down/ up in the list of news-sites)
- if user is not connected to the internet, when starting the app the user is prompted with a window to connect to load latest news-headlines and if clicked through sees the headlines cached from last time connected.
- application tracks when user last checked the news-sources provided through the application. When there is new news sources this is visible by a 'bubble' (see http://simpleleapsoftware.com/wpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/iPhone4-how-to-close-apps-1-3-200x300.png) and with xxx new sources (by user determined) the application alerts the user (alerts can be disabled)
- user can select which 'geographies' of news-sources he want's to view in his app (at launch, there will be 2, 'international' and 'germany'; more will be added later)
- user should be able to select preferred language
- app needs to check with server every xx minutes to check for new sources
Key is: clean code, easy to 'upgrade' the app with extra features (by other developers if required). Your code will be evaluated on correctness, cleanness, and documentation.
The app is meant to be expanded later with additional features and functionality. Users will be able to create a user-account on a drupal-website where they can modify preferences and settings. The app will have to 'sync' with these user-accounts and copy settings automatically.