We require the development of a Flash-based web application for designing customized merchandise for schools, such as t-shirts and shorts. Please have a look at this URL for an example of a program which is very similar to what we require:
The layout of the program should be quite similar to the sample program, however there will be a few key differences. Here are our requirements:
1) When the program loads initially, it will start up with a particular product (t-shirt for example) selected. This selection will be made by the user prior to the program loading. School-specific wording, wording color, and product color will be pre-selected for the item which displays when the program is loaded. This data will be passed into the flash program to make it possible.
2) User will be given the ability to select a design from a pool of pre-defined templates. The design will pre-populate with generic school-specific wording. (see sample URL)
3) User will have the ability to customize their selected template but modifying all wording (see sample URL), and overall wording color.
4) In some cases, if the design allows it, we will offer the ability to include a graphic. They will be able to select from a collection of graphics which we will supply. (see sample URL)
5) We will require the ability to modify the graphics collection at our own discretion.
6) The user will also have the ability to modify the product color during their customization of the item. (see sample URL)
7) We will not offer the user the ability to change to a different product after the initial selection was made and the program has loaded. Instead we will have a cancel button inside the program which will return them to the page which they were on previously when the product selection was made.
8) There will be several design placements available per product. For example a t-shirt will allow for a design to be placed on the front chest area as well as on the back; whereas sweatpants will have placements available on each leg and on the butt. (the sample URL has an implementation for this, but ours will probably work differently as it will allow for more placements and more customization). Each placement will have it's various design templates available to choose from with all associated customizing options.
9) As an additional design template option, the user will be able to choose to create a "photo design" which will essentially allow them to upload a photo which will automatically position and size correctly on the item, and then they will be able to select from a few wording layouts with options to customize the wording on it.
10) The user will be able to finalize their order within the program by selecting the size they require as well as their desired quantity. The program should also display the item cost along with an option to view a size chart for the product in question. (see sample URL for examples of all these options)
11) When the user is happy to proceed they will click a button to continue on to the shopping cart page, which at that point will take them out of the flash program and into one of our site pages.
12) When proceeding the flash program will perform three vitally important background tasks. The first will be generating thumbnail images of all sides of the product which contain design-work. These will be saved on our server through a PHP script. The PHP script which handles this will need to be included by the programmer. The second task will be creating EPS format true vector images of all the design-work on the item, which can be imported into Corel and CutStudio. The third task will be "posting" product and order data to a PHP script which will log the data. We will create the PHP script to handle this.