Vinyl – iPad dj app
Vinyl is app that is based around the user being able to mix scratch and listen to their favourite music.
Due to the nature of the app, it has a clean easy to use interface, this interface is simple to use with only a few key features.
The turntable must turn around like one in real life. To mix and scratch users can “move” this disc around a set centre in the middle of the record. To manipulate the sound users must be able to;
• Change the speed of the record; either by swiping it with their hand or using a on screen speed dial.
o To creating a “scratching” effect the speed needs to fast, and so the turntable must be very responsive.
• Users must be able to change the “sound” of the song by use of several dials;
Users must be able to select songs from their device (either through itunes or songs loaded to the app). This function must be simple.
• Users must be able to search their library and see their songs including the album art.
• Once a song is found it can be dragged to the turntable or the background music player.
The background music must allow users to mix their chosen track on the turntable to another from their music collection.
Users must be able to record their “mixes” and play and upload them.
• The user must press a button on screen. This allows them to recording the music they are making.
o Once recorded music can be played back;
• After playback the user can share to facebook, twitter via upload to our servers.
There is also room for different screen layouts, however these will follow the same functionality.
If you are awarded the job you are expected to complete all the features described… another’s we can discuss at the time. The app must be complete in the following month as its to be published for the new iPad.